Our food choices go a long way in determining if we are fighting disease or feeding disease. Most of today’s foods are laced with additives and preservatives that cause our body to feed degenerative diseases such as Type II Diabetes, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Cancer… Fresh, whole foods eaten in a wide variety can help our bodies fight and sometimes alleviate these diseases.
Here is a list of my Do’s and Don’ts’s when I plan my meals:
1. 100% Whole Grains (my preference is Oats)
2. Eggs (free range)
4. Clean Meats (100% Grass fed)
5. Coconut Oil, Olive Oil (Cold Pressed)
7. Variety of Greens
8. Sweet Potatoes
9. Cold Water Fish (wild caught)
1. Vegetable Oils
2. High Fructose Corn Syrup
3. Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
4. Processed Grains (White Flour, White Sugar, White Rice…)
5. Nitrates & Nitrites
6. Artificial Sweeteners
My philosophy is that it’s not what you eat sometimes, it’s what you eat most of the time that makes the difference. In our society it is almost impossible to avoid processed foods all of the time. But we can make healthier food choices MOST of the time, and choose the processed indulgences some of the time.